Sunday, July 12, 2009

Brief Hiatus--Back from the Himalayas

I've just returned from a 2 week hiatus in the mountains. The first week I was in Shimla saying good-bye to the 2008-2009 Clinton fellowship class. Soon I'll be welcoming the 2009-2010 class at orientation in September as I have extended my fellowship. The second week I was in Leh, Ladakh celebrating my transition from fellowship to fellowship thanks to the Wall Alumni Grant. It was a fabulous and much needed break from the office, the heat and the daily grind. Plus I got to wear socks and a hat while exploring the absolutely stunning mountain desert scenary. Although it was so dry up there that my skin was aching to get back to the humidity of Chennai. And my stomach was dying for some fresh curd after a possible bout with giardia. I'm back in the swing of things and our materials are starting to come back from the printers. FINALLY!

No comments: